LiveRamp is the leading data enablement platform for the safe, easy and effective use of data. Powered by core identity resolution capabilities and an unparalleled network, LiveRamp enables companies and their partners to better connect, control, and activate data to transform customer experiences and generate more valuable business outcomes. LiveRamp’s fully interoperable and neutral infrastructure delivers end-to-end addressability for the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers.
Authenticated Traffic Solution (ATS)
ATS allows publishers to monetise audiences either through direct sales or programmatically through real-time bidding. All costs are built into the buy-side, making ATS available at zero cost to publishers, and giving them full control to maximise their yield potential.
In addition, LiveRamp partners and integrates with leading platforms to enable ATS through Prebid.js and header bidding solutions.
ATS is built on RampID, LiveRamp’s people-based, privacy- first identifier. RampID is neutral and interoperable between identities, partners and customers.
How it works
ATS lets publishers recognise known users in real-time, and enables data-driven targeting and addressability across all browsers, dramatically increasing the value of the publishers' inventory by better matching the needs of brand advertisers.
By enabling advertisers to reach people, not devices, LiveRamp's end-to-end addressability solution allows advertisers to leverage targeting and measurement for more efficient programmatic investments in a post-cookies world.
1. LiveRamp provides publishers a free code that is placed in the header of the site
2. When a user authenticates or a newsletter recipient clicks through to the site, the LiveRamp API translates personal data to a RampID envelope and stores it in a first-party cookie context.
3. The SSP grabs the RampID envelope from the first-party cookie and translates it in real time to the specific encoding for each DSP since we encode RampIDs specific to each platform. This enables added security and increased privacy.
RampIDs are then passed to the DSPs in the bid request with other information about the inventory and the DSP can make a decision on that impression.
4. DSPs make optimally informed bids with onboarded data from LiveRamp and if they win the auction, their ad serves and they log the impression in their exposure logs
1) Utilise LiveRamp’s processes to submit for review the domains where ATS will be used.
2) Install ATS.js, either via Launchpad or standalone.
3) Implement ATS.js on all pages and start connecting demand to your authenticated inventory
Could work dependent on first party data.
Did work but no measurable difference.
No way to full understand if uplift was related to solutions. Some concerns around possible data leakage.