AOP Digital Publishing Awards 2023 open for entries
Published: 11 Jan 2023
London, UK, 11th January 2023: The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) has announced that its prestigious annual awards are now open for entries. In collaboration with PubMatic, the Digital Publishing Awards are back to celebrate the talents and skills of the individuals and teams working to create, deliver, and monetise quality online content.
Now in their 21st year, the awards continue to set the standard for editorial, commercial, partnership and publishing excellence, with the deadline for this year’s entries falling on 23rd March. The winners will be announced at the AOP Awards dinner on 14th June 2023 at Old Billingsgate, London.
With 24 categories available for entry, the ceremony will see outstanding digital publishing efforts celebrated. Open to all members and non-members of the AOP, each category will be judged by an independent panel of digital experts representing all corners of the industry. The list of judges confirmed so far can be viewed here.
“After yet another challenging year, those working in digital publishing have more than earned their moment in the spotlight,” said Richard Reeves, Managing Director at AOP. “Without the ingenuity, resilience, and passion of those who work in it, we wouldn’t have an industry to celebrate. I’m excited to read submissions from the trailblazers, teams, and individuals leading the way.”
Emma Newman, EMEA, CRO at PubMatic said, “It’s an honour to partner once more with AOP for its annual Digital Publishing Awards. AOP shares PubMatic’s mission to make the industry more sustainable, more diverse, and more accessible, so I’m especially looking forward to celebrating the people driving change in these areas.”
The full list of categories is as follows:
● Journalist of the Year
● Editor of the Year
● The AOP Award for Inspiring Local Journalism, sponsored by Google News Initiative
● Sales Person of the Year
● Rising Star
● Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
● Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
● Sales Team of the Year
● Advertising Operations Team of the Year
● Product Development Team of the Year
● Audience Development Team of the Year
● Best Use of Video
● Best Use of Audio
● Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy
● Best Creative Solutions Led / Content Marketing Campaign
● Best Publisher-led Social Good Initiative or Campaign
● Best Use of Data
● Best Research / Insight Project
● Best Digital Publishing Innovation
● Best Media Technology Partner
● The AOP Employer Excellence Award
● Best Online Brand: B2B
● Best Online Brand: Consumer
● Small Digital Publisher of the Year
Publishing companies who have demonstrated success across several categories in the AOP Awards will be invited to enter the final two categories, following the announcement of our finalists. There will be no entry fee for these two grand prix categories, but a written submission will be required.
● Best Digital B2B Publishing Company 2023, supported by PubMatic
● Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company 2023, supported by PubMatic
Entries should be made online and can be entered here.
For more information visit here.
Association of Online Publishers (AOP) is an industry body representing digital publishing companies that create original, branded, quality content. AOP champions the interests of media owners from diverse backgrounds including newspaper and magazine publishing, TV and radio broadcasting, and pure online media. For more information, please visit