A cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored on your computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (permanent cookie). Cookies provide a way for our website to recognise you and keep track of your preferences.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Twitter
- Continuously improve the AOP website for you
It is only once you sign up and provide consent that the system will look to personalise the experience for you with best matching content and other recommendations.Which cookies do we use and why?
1. Essential cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify members and ensure they can access the member-only pages. If a user opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content that a membership entitles them to.
2. Performance Cookies
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
3. Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow us to remember your choices (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help with serving advertising.
Some examples of how we do this include:
- Remembering your preferences and settings.
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website
- Supporting social media components, like Facebook or Twitter (where a website uses a plugin from these third party platforms, for example).
- Remembering if you’ve been to the site before so that messages intended for first-time users are not displayed to you.
- Remembering your search settings
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Using our site indicates that you accept the use of ’Functional’ cookies.
- Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
4. Target or Advertising (3rd party)
’Targeting’ cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ’Like’ buttons and ’Share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
An example of this includes:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- We use third party services provided by third parties like YouTube or Vimeo who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
How you can control cookies
- cookie.JSESSIONID - session identifier
- cookie.PreCache - cache flag
- cookie.PreCacheCheck - cache check flag
- cookie.Affino_Visitor - daily visitor cookie
- .AFFINO_TC - tracking cookie
- .AFFINO_MC - meetering cookie
- .AFFINO_MCA - meetering cookie - store viewed articles
- cookie.Affino_x_CartID - cart cookie, where x is the Store Profile code
- cookie.OrderReferer - url of the order referrer
- cookie.RVP - recently viewed products - last 10 products stored
- cookie.AFFINO_x - Affino system cookie
- cookie.AFFINO_xHTTPS - Affino system cookie for SSL
- cookie.AFFINOLIVE_x - Affino system ready flag
- cookie.OnPageFeedbackxyz - On Page Feedback Design element cookie where x is the Channel code, y is Section code and z is Item code
- cookie.contactlist_tab_active - Contact Lists control side active tab tracking
- cookie.accounts_tab_active - Accounts control side active tab tracking
- cookie.contacts_tab_active - Contacts control side active tab tracking
- cookie.Affino_BrowserMode - browser, web or mobile mode
- cookie.LiveEditSwitch - live editor switch
- cookie.AFFINO_XLOGIN_CHECKED - cross domain login
- cookie.Affino_Control - control side layout
- cookie.Affino_ControlWideScreen- widescreen control side layout
- cookie.Affino_ControlTopNav - top navigation control side layout
- cookie.AFFINO_CONTROLHELP help control side help show/hide
- cookie.LogContentView - store content view
- cookie.ShowGuideLine - live edit help show/hide
- cookie.FriendInvite - friend invite
- cookie.Affino_displayTaxonomyx - Meta information Design element where x is the cell code
- cookie.ao3pcba - store daily visit for audit
1. Browser controls
Most modern browsers offer you ways to control or block cookies. These browser controls will usually be found in the “options’ or “preferences” menu. For more help visit www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
About this policy