The Affiliate Membership tier is designed for specialist, independent and SME publishers with less than £5 million revenue per annum.
AOP provides a unique platform for sharing and collaboration amongst like-minded members, by promoting and supporting the interests of original content creators. We create the access to shared knowledge and debate for learning in a neutral environment and help spread best practice. We provide an environment of trust, facilitate thought leadership, help publishers to exchange views, stay on top of developments and determine what good looks like. Equally, members need to commit to participate to achieve maximum value.
Our platform for collaboration takes different shapes from Board meetings to Group (aka committee meetings), Forums and other bespoke meetings or events.
Benefits of Affiliate Membership
- Access to leading online research and insights including our bi-annual Census Report, monthly Digital Landscape Report (DLR), industry benchmarking research, as well as a number of ad-hoc Consumer and B2B Research projects
- Access speaker presentations from all AOP events
- Access to AOP website member-only content: DLR, research and presentations available to all staff within the member company – register for a login here
- Access to member-only groups – benefit from cross-industry knowledge, be at the forefront of issues facing the industry. Groups include: Audience Development, Commercial, Research, B2B, Product Development and Ad Ops
- Bespoke invitations to select member-only events - member dinners and breakfasts for discussion, debate and sharing key business challenges.
- Exclusive invitations to member-only workshops where we will explore the issues on topics such as ad blocking, mobile monetisation, and more and come up with solutions or best practice to address them. Affiliate members are entitled to one free place at workshops.
- Affiliate members are also entitled to two free places at our monthly forum events
- Regular member discounts on other media industry events
- Member discount on ABC audits: 25% off the one-off registration fee and 15% off the rate card for each website traffic audit; providing that at least two audits are performed annually. Note: this cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Discounted tickets (average 25%) for annual flagship AOP Digital Publishing Convention and Awards
- Support of AOP position on key industry issues, a prominent voice in the industry.
- UKOM - governance of the audience measurement system delivered by comScore, a voice representing members interests.
- Publishing press releases promoting your digital business on the AOP website
- Access to weekly AOP newsletter Digital Digest and industry figure interviews
What are the criteria for joining?
Affiliate membership is open to SME, independent and specialist companies with less than £5 million revenue per annum whose principal focus is to create original published content for direct consumption by their consumers, via the web (‘destination sites’) and other digital platforms.
Publishing companies that have the following may apply for membership:
- An online activity revenue centre within the organisation
- A dedicated editorial staff
- A dedicated revenue-generating commercial staff
- In addition, the significant portion of companies’ published content must be original
- You must have been publishing on the web or other digital platforms for at least 6 months
- Members are encouraged to hold an ABC certificate if the site generates more than £250,000 per annum
For cost details, and to find out more about joining, please contact us.