CRUNCH 4.3: Driving sustainable audience growth to diversify revenue
Publishers continue to transition away from display revenue and are exploring new opportunities to diversify their revenue streams – subscription models grew 51.3% from Q3 2019 to Q3 2020.
CRUNCH 4.3 brought a panel of expert publishers and tech specialists together to explore how digital publishers can develop sustainable audience growth with strategies that will continue to engage existing audiences, while winning over new readers, to create a more resilient future.
The AOP’s CRUNCH events are fostering conversations and identifying actions that can help shape the future for digital publishing.
Our key takeaways….
- Digital publishing is currently in the midst of change, as we progress from an advertising-centric model to a reader-centric one. Whether a national news brand or a niche publisher, all players are placing audiences at the front and centre of revenue strategies.
- Leveraging first-party data effectively to build audience segments is vital to achieving sustainable growth. With a deeper understanding of readers, publishers can focus their monetisation efforts where it matters, as well as maximise the value of their product.
- Quality and purpose will be instrumental in shaping the future of publishing and journalism. These factors are the building blocks for audience engagement and form the foundations for long-term growth.
- When engaging audiences, publishers are shifting away from basic demographics, such as age and gender, to instead concentrate on mindsets, needs, and interests.
- Experimental approaches and agility will be key for publishers’ growth, as they aim to identify priority revenue streams and strike the ideal balance between advertising, sponsorship, and subscriptions.
Featured Speakers View All
Crunch is a series of six events where publisher members can come together with their contemporaries and the industry for
Collaboration to progress key industry issues
Inspiration and learning