All entries to the AOP Digital Publishing Awards 2021 should be based on work implemented and results delivered between 1st January 2020 and 31st January 2021.
ENTER NOW How to enter step-by-step1. DOWNLOAD ENTRY TEMPLATES
Use the entry template form for each category to draft your entry copy - the templates provide helpful guidance on how to complete each of the sections of the entry form and make it easier to secure colleague or client approval before submitting your entry. To view the criteria the judges are looking for please refer to the category descriptions on the categories tab (these are also shown in the category description contained in the online entry platform).2. WRITE YOUR ENTRY
We are inviting written entries, supported by your chosen images or videos. With the exception of The Local Hero Award for Regional Digital Journalism, Media Tech Partner, The Rising Star, and Employer Excellence categories, your written entry should be in four parts:
- The elevator pitch: sum up why you are making this entry and why you think you should win;
- Set the scene: explain the issues you were facing or the challenges you had been set;
- Tell us your story: tell us what the entered individual or team did that makes them stand out, or explain how a project was implemented;
- Results: outline what was achieved with as much data as you can provide to back up your argument.
For The Media Tech Partner and Employer Excellence category, you will be asked to provide the elevator pitch, tell us your story and provide some results. For The Local Hero Award and The Rising Star category, you will be asked to provide a 30-word elevator pitch and a 300-word nomination, with no additional sections. 3. CHECK YOUR WORD COUNT AND SUPPORTING FILE FORMATS.
Please ensure that your entry adheres to the maximum word counts advised on the Entry Template forms. When you upload your entry to the online entry platform, you will not be able to submit more than the maximum word count. If you are entering for the individual or team categories, you will be asked to provide a photo. For all categories, you will be asked to provide a company logo in eps, ai or png versions only, and invited to submit no more than three supporting documents, which might include, for example:
4. SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
- written or video testimonials;
- screenshots of features or social activity;
- video files or links to videos;
- photos of nominated individuals or teams.
- Supporting materials can be in the following formats: csv, doc, docx, pdf, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, ai, eps, mov, mp4, mpeg.
When you have your written entry and supporting materials ready, please click on the awards entry site link ENTER NOW
where you will be asked to register your details, copy and paste your written entry and upload your supporting materials. Please note that you are encouraged to list names of any other companies involved in any projects, campaigns, or initiatives that may have contributed to your entry. Be sure to spell all individual and company names correctly and in the correct form, as we will use your spelling on all published materials. 5. PAY FOR YOUR ENTRY
AOP Digital Publishing Awards application rates are as follows:
- MEMBERS: £125 Earlybird Rate (expires 19th March) £150 Standard Rate
- NON MEMBER PUBLISHERS: £170 Earlybird Rate (expires 19th March) £210 Standard Rate
- NON MEMBER TECH COMPANIES: £200 Earlybird Rate (expires 19th March) £250 Standard Rate
Please note that no fees are charged for the The Local Hero Award, or for those invited entries for the Best Digital B2B Publishing Company 2021 and Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company 2021 categories.
The All-Important Terms & Conditions:
1. All entries must be submitted and paid for by the entry deadline: Thursday 6th May 2021.
2. PLEASE NOTE:
By entering the Awards, you give your permission to the Association for Online Publishing to publish your entry in the event that you are shortlisted, inclusive of your entry in written copy. We understand that in some circumstances you may be happy to share sensitive commercial data with the Jury to ensure that your entry is more persuasive, but may not wish for this information to be publicised. Therefore we will provide the opportunity to submit an edited version of your shortlisted or winning entry for publication. This must be provided by 31st July 2021.
3. Winners will be announced at The AOP Awards Ceremony on 16th September 2021. ENTER NOW